Can I use my own sim card?
NO, Our devices configured are certified on our IOT sim card provider and we also pre-configure the network portion so the most complicated step is done. We do not want you to have any issue or do complicated technical setup, (you have better things to do). When we ship you the watch, we know that all is working correctly and and this avoids complicated setups and frustration on your side. We are a Rogers authorized reseller and our sim card and plans are made to work for our devices. So this way if there is a connectivity issue, you only have one contact to call and we can correct the situation.
(Watches) Why does it indicated device is offline in the Setracker app?
1)The watch is probably in an area where the cellular network is not captured or not available. you can try to do put the device outside or do a instant locate to wake up the device if in sleep mode.
2) The APN setting is incorrect, check in the Wireless & network settings an the apn should be at M2Minternet.apn.
Will it work effectively in a rural location?
It all depends on the location, we always verify your location when we receive your order, and if there are cellular towers that is covered by our carriers, then it works. If not, we may recommend another GPS tracking device solution that best fit your location.
Will the CALL feature work inside buildings?
Yes, the Kids Smart GPS watch call feature works inside and outside where there is a cellular network.
Will the device LOCATE inside a building?
NO GPS Satellite signals do not enter inside buildings. It can only capture latitudes/longitudes coordinates when the GPS device is outside. It will provide the last know detected location, based on its frequency reporting, before entering a building. Technology is just not available yet.
Why some chat messages are not delivered?
Chat messages rely on strong Cellular network, chat is not made to send long message he maximum length is 15 seconds, if longer it will not send.
Can I remove the app ads? it indicates a price to remove it.
The app is provided by the manufacturer and Childtrac cannot remove the adds in the app, but if you send us a proof that you paid the add and that you have passed the 30 days period we can reimburse you the amount paid.
Is the Childtrac 3G GPS smart watch waterproof?
Yes all our new 3G watches and G-401 devices have Waterproof IP67 rating, which means that it is constructed to be submerged in water maximum 30 seconds. such as washing hands for example. It is not protected for swimming in the pool, this is another rating type. Our watches are not made for going swimming in pools of beach. Please remove the watch before going swimming or bath. If used in these circumstances it will not be covered by warranty.
Can I opt out of the application advertisement pop up? Why is that?
This is a funding way to support and maintain the app versions and added functions and helps to pay for the cost of licencing for apple and android development. Since the app is offered for free. If the app advertisement annoys you, you can send in your payment proof and we will credit this amount on your next subscription payment. ** Note that the refund will only occur if you stay active for more than 30 days, after the 30 days trial period.
How accurate is the 3G GPS smart watch?
Depending on the manufacturer GPS product antenna and Satellite chip version. Most types of GPS devices have an approximate 5-20 meters precision, and it depends on location environment, weather conditions, battery level and cellular connection strength. When no satellite can be detected, it can detect via LBS (cell tower triangulation) this is less precise about 100 meters.
Sometimes I get a location report that is way off course and then comes back normal why is this?
This is a popular question! This is called Drifting. Since the GPS antenna inside the Childtrac Kids Smart GPS watch is always trying to capture satellite information, it sometimes gets a wrong or invalid data and this will trigger a false location on map. But with constant monitoring by the GPS device, a few minutes later will correct this data and display the more accurate location.
Explanation of Drifting:
The GPS signal comes from a network of satellites in orbit. All those satellites do is broadcast the time. Your unit then calculates your location based upon the difference between it's time and the signaled times. Satellites at a low relative altitude to your position, buildings between you and the satellites, the number of satellites overhead, and even heavy cloud cover can affect the outcome of the calculation. READ MORE ON DRIFTING ARTICLE BELOW
1. GPS positioning principle
To understand this problem, first of all, we should understand the GPS positioning principle. From a mathematical point of view, it is the space known three positions, and you go to the relative distance of these three, find your location, which is three-dimensional geometry in a very simple question, it is the mathematical principles of GPS.
READ MORE, SEE THE ARTICLE BELOW.
This Agreement is entered into by and between (ChildTrac) (the “ Provider”) and: Below (the “ Customer”)
1. Payment. The payment of the monthly communication service will automatically replenish each month by the payment method agreed. If the payment is decline, and the Customer does not communicate with the Provider for an alternative mean of payment, the Provider may terminate any Service upon 15 days’ written notice to the Customer. Any failure by the Customer to pay when due the payments or other charges provided by this Agreement or breach of this Agreement. If the Customer does not make repayments in a timely fashion, the Provider may cancel any Service upon 15 days’ written notice to the Customer.
2. Condition of Equipment. The Customer shall maintain the Equipment in good working order. If components of the Equipment are battery operated, the Customer will have to recharge the unit according to the Provider’s recommendations. The Customer accepts the full and entire responsibility for frequently verifying the operating condition of the Equipment.
3. Acknowledgement of Protection. The Customer is advised to follow recommendations of the Provider who shall use the Equipment so as to ensure its proper operation and prevent false alarms. The Customer acknowledges that he/she has chosen the type of communication purpose and acknowledges having received the Equipment described in this Agreement.
4. Sims and Equipment: Customer must purchase SIMs from the Provider for obtaining Service on their Carrier’s data network. Customer is only authorized to use SIMs purchased under this Provider’s Service Agreement. If the sim is removed and used in another type of device, a notification will be sent to the Provider and the service will be suspended immediately. The sim provided is certified to be used only with this device. Any equipment connected to another communication service will cancel the operation of the equipment and by extension, end all the responsibilities of the Supplier.
5. No Modification of Equipment. The Customer shall ensure that the Equipment is well maintained and allow the Equipment to adequately operate and shall advise the Provider by calling or in writing of any changes to the configuration. The Customer undertakes to not modify or replace the SIM card or any component thereof nor connect or have any other equipment connected to the equipment so as not to impede the correct operation of the Equipment. The Customer undertakes to preserve the identification plates and any other markings on any Equipment. If the Customer moves, he/she remains entirely responsible for the equipment and for his contractual commitment. The Customer is responsible for informing the Provider of his/her move by email or telephone in order for the Provider to modify the information in it’s database and supply adequate service in the new country (if applicable).
6. Product Warranty: The Equipment has a replacement warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase. The warranty does not cover equipment defects resulting from (a) fire, lightning, vandalism, a flood, negligence of the Customer, Force Majeure, (b) abuse by the Customer, modifications to the Equipment which are contrary to standards or the Provider’s recommendations; (c) defects caused by paint or materials used on coatings of external surfaces of the Equipment; (d) interruption of the electrical supply to the Equipment; (e) defects resulting from alterations to the Equipment by persons not authorized by the Provider and (f) if the Customer drops the device on the floor or in the water or in another liquid.
7. Usage Charges. Data usage charges will apply for data transmissions, text messages, alerts and any other information sent through the Carrier’s Facilities and associated with the Equipment. All exceeding minutes will be charge at: Voice $0.35/minutes, $0.15 per text alerts. The Basic plan is ideal for the Equipment’s regular use and is ample for its communications. If a customer exceeds the plan more than 2 months in a row, we will recommend a custom-made plan based on the requirements needed.
8. Dropped Transmissions. Data transmissions may be involuntarily interrupted (“dropped”) for a variety of reasons beyond the control of Carrier.
9. Roaming: Roaming charges apply when Equipment is used outside of the geographical coverage area of the home network, by means of using a visited network. Billing of roaming charges and minutes of use or Services may be applied against included minutes or Services in a subsequent billing cycle, which may cause Customer to exceed your allocated minutes or Services in a particular billing cycle. Domestic and International roaming charges will be applied in addition to any usage plan charges. The customer is responsible to notify in writing the Supplier when leaving the country (or area) so that it obtains adequate coverage. If he does not, he will be responsible for all roaming charges.
10. Automatic Renewal. Any Service supplied pursuant to this Agreement will be automatically renewed at its expiration on a month to month basis. The Customer can prevent the automatic renewal by delivering to the Provider a written notice at least 30 days prior to the renewal date or, if automatically renewed on a month to month basis, the end of the month on which the Customer wishes the service to terminate. However, the Customer must pay for any Service to the end of the month in which same is terminated.
11. Liability of Customer. The Customer shall be liable for any loss of or any damage to the Equipment, for any reason whatsoever including Force Majeure. The Provider shall execute its obligations hereunder with diligence and to the best of its ability, but will not be liable for any damage, whatever its cause or nature, except for deliberate acts by or gross negligence of the Provider or its representatives. Any Equipment deficiency or error as to delivery of the Equipment must be reported in writing to the Provider within 48 hours of the observation of same, failing which the Customer shall be considered to be satisfied with the Equipment, its delivery.
12. Personal Information. The Customer confirms that the information he/she is providing to the Provider is true and complete and shall notify the Provider without delay of any change to his/her personal information. Personal information includes all data relating to the Customer in his/her application form or subsequently disclosed by him/her or third parties with his/her consent (or when authorized by law). For the purposes of monitoring, setting up, and administering his/her services (including, invoicing, collection and to provide the Customer with information on new services or equipment), the Customer agrees to the collection, use, disclosing and transferring of his/her personal information by and between Provider, its affiliates, its subsidiaries and their respective successor corporations, or any subcontractor or assignee of this Agreement. The file containing information related to the administration of the Customer’s services will be kept by Provider and will only be available to the personnel at the Provider of this Agreement and their authorized employees, who need to access the information in the administration and operation of his/her services or to inform the Customer of new equipment or services, unless otherwise authorized by law. The information related to the administration of the Customer’s services will be held in a file titled with his/her name. The Customer consents to the receipt of the Provider’s promotional materials and information concerning other services and products offered by the Provider via mail or email at the address(es) set forth in this Agreement, or as updated by the Customer from time to time.
13. Force Majeure. The Provider shall not be liable for failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder if such failure is caused by events outside its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, war, acts of terrorism or natural disasters. The Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to recommence performance as soon as reasonably possible.
14. General. Failure by the Provider to require the performance by the Customer of its obligations pursuant to this Agreement or to enforce a right or recourse of the Provider shall not be deemed or interpreted as a waiver or forfeiture by the Provider of such right or recourse or of its right to require the performance by the Customer of its obligations pursuant to this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of Ottawa and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to principles of conflict of laws, and each party unconditionally and irrevocably attorns to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ottawa.
When a purchase is done by the customer, all parties acknowledge having read the general provisions above and the attached Terms and Conditions, which shall form part of the Agreement, and, accept them and the duration, and agree to be bound by same.
Copyright © 2019 Childtrac - All Rights Reserved - Tous droits réservés